MORGAGE & LENDING RATES
To get a mortgage you need the following:
Signed Sales agreement, Surveyors Identification, Appraisal of the Property Value, Proof of Age, and Proof of Earning
There are additional costs for:
Mortgage application, Attorneys fees, and Registration of Mortgage.
Morgages & Lending Rates from our Morgage Partners
NATIONAL HOUSING TRUST
To qualify for an NHT Loan you must:
Be currently contributing to the Trust.
Have made at least 52 weekly contributions of which 13 must have been made in the last 26 weeks just before the date of your application.
Have paid up, with interest, any outstanding contributions due in the last 3 years. Exceptions are Voluntary Contributors or persons earning less than $7,500 per week who are only required to pay up contributions for 1 year.
Be between the ages 18 and 65.
Be earning an income which allows you to repay the loan.
Want to know the amount you are eligible to borrow from the Nation Housing Trust?
Click below to see the amount, based on salary, etc that you qualify for and what are the payments and length of term for your specific loan. Each loan has a different maximum amount or loan limit that can be accessed by a Contributor.
Percentage (%) General Rate
2013 - Residential Home Loans - 9.29% and financing - 90%
Jamaica National is offering Reverse Mortgages. A Reverse Mortgage is a special mortgage designed for persons who have retired and need an income. It is a fixed amount advanced monthly to elderly applicants for up to 5 years (renewable) using the residence as security.
The maximum loan ratio is 50% of the market value of the security; while the loan term is 1-5 years, and is renewable. Total advances plus interest is repaid at the end of the period or the loan can be re-negotiated for an extended period. Younger persons can be named as beneficiary(ies), or as guarantor(s) for repayment of loan. Contact them for details.
When applying for your mortgage, it will certainly save time if you have the following documents available (where applicable):
- Low downpayments and more time to repay
- In most territories we offer up to 95% financing with mortgage indemnity insurance. In addition, our attractive repayment terms give you up to 35 years to repay
- Whether you want to make a low downpayment or you want to take up to 35 years to pay back the loan.
- National Identity Card or passport for identification
- Telephone, water, or electricity bill to confirm your residential address
- A letter from your employer and your most recent salary slip
- Copies of recent bank statements or a bank reference from your banker (if you are a new customer)
- An agreement for sale: if you are buying a property, this would be a letter from the person selling the property
- A construction estimate if you plan to build, as well as approved construction plans. The estimate should show a breakdown of the stages of the construction, and the costs
- An appraisal of the property: you will need to provide this whether you are buying or building a home
Why choose VM Lending Solutions
- Attractive Loan Rates;
- Fast and efficient processing time – especially for cash secured personal loans.
- 'One Stop Shop' for Joint Financing with an NHT loan;
- Flexibility of making Lump Sum Payment to principal at any time.
Share Loans : Continue to earn interest on your savings while accessing a quick and easy loan to acquire assets or deal with a life altering event. Plus, your VM Personal Loan is processed within minutes
Purchase/Home Improvement Loans: Regardless of the size or location, home ownership stands as a symbol of personal accomplishment and independence. Let us take you home...Learn more
Home Equity Loans: Whether you want to do home repairs, wish to further your education or that of a family member or you are facing high medical expenses, let a VM Home Equity Loan unlock the value in your home and get you to your goal faster.Learn more
Commercial Loans: Entrepreneurs can also benefit from mortgage loans at competitive interest rates. If you want to purchase commercial real estate.Learn more
Click here to complete their Online contact request form and one of our Credit Officers will contact you.
Come in to any VMBS branch today and talk to a Credit Officer or request a Financial Services Specialist to visit with you to begin the process of transformation from a saver to a home owner.
The Scotia Jamaica Building Society, a subsidiary of Scotiabank, offers mortgages and ways to purchase real estate whether you're a first-time buyer or thinking of making a move to your next home. You can find a mortgage and financing solution to suit your individual needs through The Scotia Jamaica Building Society.
Review the mortgage options in the chart below and choose the one that best suits your needs and goals.
||Finance up to 90% of the purchase price or valuation of the property (whichever is lower) for a maximum term of 30 years
|3-Yr Fixed Term Residential Mortgage (Professionals and/or University Graduates)
||Fixed rate for initial 3 years, converts to variable rate there after
|Home Builder's Loan
||Must be converted to Residential Mortgage after 2 years
|Mortgage for Investment
||On loans granted for investment purposes (residential rental properties), we finance up to 65% of the lower of the purchase price or valuation of the property being purchased for a maximum term of 30 years
|Gold Key Mortgage
||Up to 20 years
||up to 30 years
||Up to 30 years
- Residential Lots:
We finance up to 80% of the lower of the purchase price or valuation of the lot for a period not exceeding 15 years
*** Information obtained from the Party's Websites. Conditions apply. All information contained herein is subject to change without notice.